Saturday, June 16, 2012

Teach me how to judgey- by the former The Judgey Moms

I am just going to get some things out of the way.  Our blog is about learning better for our children. We need to move beyond the parenting structures our parents left behind. Sure, mom, dad, grandpa, grandma we love you, but  we grew up and invented google. Now as grown adults most of us have all the parenting knowledge at our finger tips. Why aren’t we using the gifts of the 21st century to their potential. Lets move on from cutting our childrens genitals at birth. It makes me wonder why parents just don’t  question these big issues,or are aware they are issues at all. We need to inform other parents and stop being worried if they get offended,it is way harder  on the parents after the fact.  But also, we as parents need to start taking all of the things our country has set up to be normal parenting and what is acceptable for OUR  children and question it. We need to stop becoming so defensive when we make mistakes. You feed your child a malnourished junky diet, feel its wrong, know its wrong, see studies of how it is wrong. Just learn better and do better. Find out circumsicion wasn’t the right choice? Tell everyone. Lets start preventing these mistakes among our parenting peers.  We cannot apologize for advocating the wellbeing of children. Also, we need to pull together against these large baby companies who act like their products are the best they can be. These products are not up to par on quality and ingredients that our children deserve. But lets not attack each other because our government Is letting these companies harm us. I don’t think you are bad parents because of this, but I do think we need to stop buying them so the companies are forced to make the products the best they can be.  I am not the perfect parent who made all the right choices for my child, and I wont claim that ever, but I learned and then taught others around me about my mistakes. For example, I made the wrong decision based on my ignorance about breastfeeding. I decided my breast milk wasn’t good enough, and didn’t try. So I went out when my baby was 1 day old and bought crap GMO soy formula. Ugh. I cried my eyes out when I researched it and found out what I was feeding him. So I switched him to organics. Then I learned about how powdered formula  (some organic companies even) have forms of MSG in them. So then we switched my nephew from organic formula (she pumped for a while, learning from my mistake) and started making him formula, I learned from all of this and am breastfeeding now, my second child. Im not against formula too, I’m against unsafe not the best they can do formulas.  Your choices as parents should not be down to milk based or soy, that’s crap. They need to make coconut,hemp,brown rice formulas etc.  Let us learn together as a parenting community.  This is what Judgey Moms is about, is questioning what confinments the government and generations before us layed  out and doing the right thing for our children. Even when it hurts us sometimes to know we didn’t make the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment